A bit about us
At Fizzer, we deliver your best moments straight into the hands of the people you love. You take a picture, you customise it and we take care of the rest!
We started our adventure 4 years ago in France with a challenge: make postcards great again 😏. Today, with more than 650K users and millions of postcards sent all over the world, our goal remains the same and our community is growing.
Internally, we're a family sized team iterating over our remote culture. Thanks to the nature of our business we were able to gather great people from very different areas: printers, designers, advertisers, customer support or developers. Today, we're proud of our diversity and balanced parity which makes the strength of our team.
Our product way
Building a great product does not come easily and we know it. We spend most of our time in direct contact with our users (senders and receivers) to understand their needs and listen to their voices. Thanks to our community, we have many ideas on how to make our product awesome. To make sure we always focus on the right goals, we follow simple guidelines:
- Create top quality postcards and blow people's minds
- Have a stellar user experience on our apps
- Make our support process the most human and efficient for our community
TL;DR Focus on the user and all else will follow ;)
As a Backend Engineer, you will be at the center of many of our challenges. Always in the loop you will be working side by side with iOS, Android, Web and product teams to make the best possible experience to our users. You are result driven and everything you do is for the sake of our users. You can translate real-world problems into elegant code solutions.
You also share our engineering values:
- Care bear: We want ❤️
- Transparency: We discuss everything openly.
- Move Fast: No need to demonstrate for days, just do it.
- Knowledge Sharing: We're eager to learn.
- It's OK to fail: Succeed together, learn together.
- Build code that will fit our business and product needs
- Join the care team and speak with our users once a week
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues
- Leave code better than you found it
- Take care of your application in production: deploy, monitor, maintain
- Create a positive environment for the people around you
- Lead by example
- Share knowledge with your team and help them grow
- Fluent in french 🇫🇷
- +3 years XP as a backend Engineer
- Strong expertise in Ruby & Rails
- Good knowledge of API concepts and architectures
- Experience with unit and acceptance testing
- Bonus: Knowledge with AWS, file computing, Elixir, DDD
- 100% remote: work from anywhere in the world 🌎
- A new laptop
- Fizzer credits
- Code and company retreats
- Annual budget for books related to work
- Travel budget (visit us when you want in our only office near the sea)
Send us an email at email@example.com with:
- Your linkedin or personal website
- Your github handle
Your answers to these 4 simple questions:
- How did you get into tech?
- What make you want to work with us at Fizzer?
- If you could change something on our product what would it be?
- What would be your ideal remote work routine?