A bit about us
At Fizzer, we deliver your best moments straight into the hands of people you love. You take a picture, you customize it and we take care of the rest!
We started our adventure 8 years ago in France with a challenge: make postcards great again 😏
Today, with more than 1 million users and millions of cards sent all over the world, our goal now is to become the best card service for our users.
Internally, we're a family sized team iterating over our remote culture. Thanks to the nature of our business we were able to gather great people from very different areas: printers, designers, advertisers, customer support or developers. Today, we're proud of our diversity and balanced parity which makes the strength of our team.
Our product way
Building a great product does not come easily and we know it. From cards to photo books we always go for what we think is the base: Our user's needs.
Thanks to our community, we have many ideas on how to make our products awesome and to make sure we always focus on the right goals, we follow simple guidelines:
- Create top quality postcards and blow people's minds
- Have a stellar user experience on our apps
- Make our support process the most human and efficient for our community
As a Backend Engineer, you will be at the center of many of our challenges. Always in the loop you will be working side by side with iOS, Android, Web and product teams to make the best possible experience to our users. You are result driven and everything you do is for the sake of our users. You can translate real-world problems into elegant code solutions.
You also share our engineering values:
- Care bear: We want ❤️
- Transparency: We discuss everything openly.
- Move Fast: No need to demonstrate for days, just do it.
- Knowledge Sharing: We're eager to learn.
- It's OK to fail: Succeed together, learn together.
- Build code that will fit our business and product needs
- Join the care team and speak with our users once a week
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues
- Leave code better than you found it
- Take care of your application in production: deploy, monitor, maintain
- Create a positive environment for the people around you
- Lead by example
- Share knowledge with your team and help them grow
- Fluent in french 🇫🇷
- +2 years XP as a Backend Engineer
- Strong expertise in Ruby & Rails
- Good knowledge of API concepts and architectures
- Experience with unit and acceptance testing
- Bonus: Knowledge with Heroku, AWS, DDD
- 100% remote: work from anywhere in the world 🌎
- A salary between 45-55K (depending on your profile)
- A new laptop
- Fizzer credits
- Company retreats in Europe every 6 months
- 2K of remote budget per year (gear up or visit your colleagues when you want to)
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your linkedin or personal website
- Your github handle
Your answers to these 4 simple questions:
- How did you get into tech?
- What makes you want to work with us at Fizzer?
- If you could change something on our product what would it be?
- What would be your ideal remote work routine?